We desire to be a biblically functioning community. To that end we have made some basic ministry commitments which we believe are consistent with New Testament teaching about how the local church is to function. They reflect our core values as a church and are fleshed out in our ministries and programs. We desire:
- To be non-denominational in structure and spirit.
- To grow larger by growing smaller. We desire to grow numerically without compromising our ability to effectively touch people on a personal level.
- To equip lay people to do the ministry. We consider every member to be a minister and the professional staff to be a team of coaches who enable people to minister in the context of their spiritual gifts.
- To be culturally relevant. We desire to be a witness to the contemporary world. Without compromising biblical absolutes we want our ministry, worship and teaching to creatively adapt to the secular culture we are called to reach.
- To develop God’s heart for lost people. Since lost people matter to God, they must matter to Christ’s followers. We desire that all of our programs and ministries reflect a sensitivity to those who may still be searching out what God is all about.
- To be governed and led by a plurality of elders. We believe that God intends for the local church to receive spiritual direction from a group of biblically qualified elders who are united around a commonly understood vision and purpose.
- To manage and organize ministry according to the highest professional standards. The operations which support our ministry are overseen by a team of men and women who assure that our ministry is effectively planned, managed and financed.